Followers

Sunday 25 April 2010

ProMarker Tutorial - Hair









Today I will show you how I colour Chloe's hair
You can see here how I coloured her skin

I am going to colour Chloe's hair brown and as I only own 3 shades of brown these will be the shades I will be using
If you already have a large collection of ProMarkers then you will have a good selection to choose from. Just remember to use two or three shades which are similar but darker than each other
I am using

Tan O528
Cinnamon O427
Shale R215



Work one section at a time as the ProMarkers blend better when the ink is wet
First I add the lightest colour Tan to the front section of Chloe's hair



I then add Cinnamon to where I think the shadows would be and the hair would be darkest



I use the lighter pen Tan again and in circular motion go over the Cinnamon and drag out the colour so it 'blends'



I add Shale the darkest pen to where I think the very darkest shades of the hair would be



I  go over the Shale with Cinnamon and drag the colour out in a circular motion



I go over both darker colours with the lightest pen Tan and drag out the Cinnamon colour into the Tan so it 'blends' nice and smooth



I then work on the left side of Cloe's hair by firstly adding Tan and then Cinnamon in the darkest areas and 'blend' in like before



I then add the darker pen Shale to the darkest of the shadowy areas.......



.......and use the pens to 'blend' again



As you can see I continued the same process on the right side of Chloe's hair
I will be back another day to show you how to colour Chloe's clothes and finish off the image


Photobucket

14 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Janet def gonna have a play see if I can get this hair right..always have to go back to me Prismas soooo must try harder..thanks so much for taking the time for yet another tute..

Hugs Christine xx

Dazie said...

These tutorials are so helpful, thanks for taking the time to do this for us!
Dazie
x

Carolk said...

Another great tutorial, many thanks x

Aunty Sue said...

great tut janet thanks for sharing

Jenny said...

Thank you for the Promarker tutorials - they're very welcome. Now all I have to do is get some other colours besides tan. Thank you too for the free digi image....I'll definitely get some more colours for when I use it. Happy Crafting, Jenny x

Krafty Kows said...

Hi thanks for the tutorials. I'm struggling to get on with promarkers, but I think it is just a lack of confidence. Jeanette

Kat said...

Thanks for a great tutorial Janet. You've made it really clear.

Kat xx

charscards said...

Great tutorial,thanks so much,am off to try now with your free digi stamp,i love pink gem x

Sarah said...

Loving your tutorials, thank you for sharing xxx

Jennifer said...

Hi Janet....hope you are well! It's very kind of you to do these tutorials. They are very clear and easy to follow. Popped another DT card on my blog yesterday. Bye for now! xx Jenny xx http://myinkyhands-jennifer.blogspot.com/

Margarets designer cards said...

Thank you for the wonderful turtoial about promakers, I am looking forward to using my new present of promakers from my hubby he got yesterday at the show at Shepton Mallet. Margaret

ikki said...

Great tutorial. Thanks for sharing. ikki

Millinda said...

Я обожаю ваши работы! спасибо за такие хорошие мастер классы!

Louise said...

Great tutorial, thanks for sharing x