Followers

Monday 22 October 2012

Ginger Christmas


I really do need to get on with some Christmas cards....this one is for baby Jacks second Christmas as he will be one in December.

Well I am very pleased with my new Ginger designs and the papers printed out beautifully as you can see from the photos.

No colouring here though as I used the pre coloured png image which comes with the digi stamp (you do get a blackline image so you can colour yourself) great for when you're short on time....and I don't seem to have enough hours in the day at the moment.

I layered some of the paper from the 'Gingersnap'  digital paper pack behind the image 'Ginger with Garland' in my graphic software  programme and printed them out. I also printed a second ginger the same size on it's own so I could decoupage him a little bit.
Now don't let the thought of using graphic software frighten you as it is really quite easy and there are a few programmes out there that you can download for free. Any image editing software that supports layers will do.
I cut out the image with my Nestabilities A2 Matting Basics A......I used the largest rectangle as it's nice and big. I love this set so much I am going to get the Matting Basics B which nests with it.
I made the frame from my Grand Labels 23 (this is a 8"x8" card)
The Christmas Candy Calendar Sentiment is also new which I designed to match the 'Ginger' range and cut out with my Standard Circle Nestabilities
What do you think to my new  die Cheery Lynn Snowflake 5 this is so elegant....cuts beautifully and just falls out of the die on it's own.....no struggling like some of the other fancy dies on the market :)
I cut some of the pinwheel candy from the spare paper using my circle nesties again and added some card candy to the centres....and here it is!













PS does anyone else have problems with photos uploading to blogger sideways on???
It's driving me nuts!


13 comments:

Sue said...

Awwwwww I love that jolly gingerbread man, makes me smile just to look at him!!
The papers and embellishments are gorgeous and coordinate so beautifully. I love the calendar sentiment too.

hugs Sue

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful card Ginny ♥

Sandra H said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! x

Jo said...

Just beautiful!
Hugs Jo x

Caroline said...

I love this card the gingerbread man is gorgeous and I love the embelishments and the calender stamp is fabulous. Caroline xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Thisnis adorable, love the cute image and the pinwheels. Gorgeous colours too

Teresa said...

Gorgeous card Janet, really cute. xxx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card and so cute too.
luv
Debby

Donna Mosley said...

Ooh! Janet, this is gorgeous. Love the pinwheel candy.

Donna x

ribenaruby said...

Wow Janet! This is yummy..fab delicious colours and image. Ruby x

Nannieflash said...

Stunning card Janet, love the gingerbread people and your papers. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Unknown said...

I love these designs and have just purchased them from your web shop xx
Thanks again for some fab designs and amazing inspiration xx

Anonymous said...

Just brilliant Janet, gorgeous papers, love the image and a fab design!
Helen x