Followers

Saturday 31 March 2012

With Love!


Where did today go.....I can't believe it's 16.37pm  already!!
Today a new challenge starts at AGOAC and I am a bit late adding my card.
I got this new digi design in my head yesterday afternoon and it took longer than I expected to work things out....the result was I spent all morning on it too!
Never mind it made my DT card come together quickly once the design was done.
Jackie has set the theme again for this challenge and she has chosen a colour, 'Aquamarine'


Here is my card



You can find my new digi design 'British Love Heart'  here
I have used my fab new 'Marianne Creatables Butterfly Die' which you can find here
Ribbon and gems are from my stash

New Digi


The 'British Love Heart' comes in black line JPEG & PNG 
Pastel coloured JPEG & PNG with and without the surrounding sentiments
Traditional coloured JPEG & PNG 
2 Traditional  coloured  dp JPEG files
....and a sentiment
(10 files in total)


If you want matching papers for the pastel heart.......all of our 'Colour Collection' digital papers have matching colours and you can find these here 
You can see I have used 'Distressed Stripes' for the background papers and I printed off some 'Mini Hearts' and 'Strawberries' to make the butterfly as these are the same patterns used in the heart design.
You will see that 'Distressed Gingham' is in the background on the pastel heart.
We don't have any red and blue paper so I made some to go with the tradtitional coloured heart...these are included in the digi set.

I made my card by opening the background 'Distressed Stripes' in a graphics programme and then opening the PNG version of the heart in the programme so it was above the paper and printed them out.
PNG's have transparent backgrounds, you only see the image and  you can layer them up.
You need a graphic of photo editing programme (any with layers) to do this but it is really quite easy and a lot of fun.
There are a few on the internet which you can download for free....there is one called GIMP
I am sure people leaving comments will also recommend some others which are out there :)
Well it's nearly Tea Time and my tummy is a rumbling so I will catch you all later!


Photobucket

7 comments:

Linby said...

Just had to get this as soon as I saw it - lovely design and your card is fab. I got the teddy too - great work.
Linbyx

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Janet.

Hugs Riet.xx

Stacey said...

Fantastic Janet! I love this paper and the texture have created by printing on this card ~x~

Scrappin' Annie said...

Lovely card, and thank you for the little freebie

Sandra H said...

Janet, your card is lovely and these are stunning:)x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow, this is so different and so beautiful. I love the way you have offest the Union Jack in the heart.

Jennifer said...

LOve this Janet, really clever! xx Jenny xx