Followers

Tuesday 15 March 2011

The Winner & Less Is More!

The winner of the 'Funky Flowers' stamp set is No 30 Kathleen MC!
I used the random number generator to choose the winner
Congratulations Sweetie.....please email me at pinkgemdesigns@googlemail.com with your addy

Well I have had a right annoying day today craft wise
First card I made went into the bin....not a CAS one either as it took me ages to make
Ripped all the bits off before I threw it away of course......I felt it just didn't cut the mustard if you know what I mean lol
Left me feeling a bit drained afterwoulds.....card making always does even though I enjoy it
Anyway I then  had a go at the new challenge 'Less Is More' and this week you have to make a one layered card with the image off the edge
I used my 'Funky flower' stamp set again as I thought these would fit the challenge
This proved more troublesome than I thought too....I am just not with it today!
Mr Mojo gone on holiday I think
Here is the finished result



If you need some better inspiration pop over to DT girl Sandra's blog and see the lovely cards she made using the 'Funky Flowers' set for the 'Less Is More' challenge

My new 'Papercraft Essentials' magasine arrived to day and there was something inside which cheered me up




Photobucket

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Guess what ... I'm just about to throw a card in the bin right now !!! These CAS cards are so difficult and I love yours, it's gorgeous. Hugs xxx

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

congrats to the winner and thanks for giving us this chance!
And what a lovely card you've made, less is more, it's true!

Chrissie said...

I just love this set of stamps... Mandi and I both have a hankering for these!
Your card is great, thanks so much for joining us and we hope to see you again next time!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Nannieflash said...

Hi Janet, wow that is gorgeous and I think the less is more theme is fabulous and your card shows it to the best. Saw your bit in the mag. with hugs Shirleyxxx

Larisa said...

Congratulations to Kathleen)))
Very nice card!
Oh, congrats! Your stamps are very popular now) Good luck)))

Audrey said...

What a gorgeous CAS card!

Sandra said...

Beautiful card Janet...you know how much i love this stamp set and they're perfect for CAS cards!
i'm hoping you've a follow up set in the making :0).

Thanks for linking my cards up in your post.

San x

Anonymous said...

thes new stamps look fab Janet. Love this card.

Ali x

Susan said...

What a perfect stamp for stamping off the edge! Love this card!

Mandi said...

Hi Janet
Fantastic card
I saw your new set in Sans blgo, Oh I NEED them!! Am trying to be good as Im off to NEC next week, but, I can see me not waiting"
Fabby card, thanks for entering
mandi
"Less is More"

Michelle said...

ooh such a lovely card, I love the stamps xx

Diane's Card Designs said...

Beautiful card Janet. Love the pearls, very elegant.
Diane xx

Kathleen said...

thank you for that janet!
love those stamps and look forward to using them.
have emailed you.
kathleen mc xx

Linby said...

I do like these new stamps and see someone else made an entry with them before you! Great card.
Linbyx

D K Crafts said...

Hi Janet. This is really beautiful. Love the stamps and the CAS style is very effective. Donna

Tammi said...

Congrats to the winner, totally jealous! Sorry that your mojo is on vacation hope it returns soon! How exciting to see your images in the magazine!!

Seafield Jo said...

Hi Janet, this is a lovely card, these new stamps are fab. Jo x

Jennifer said...

Hi Janet. Eeek!...hate it when that happens. I remember once a couple of years back when I'd spent ages on a card, then my daughter came along and gave the image a big cheesy grin with her red felt pen! I was not best pleased!

At least you salvaged your bits though!

Love your CAS card. Less certainly is more! I hope to finish my card using these stamps later. Have been busy the last couple of days finishing an Ellie card for today's F'n'F chall. xx Jenny xx

Sarah said...

Beautiful card Janet, CAS cards are so very difficult to make but yours is gorgeous x

Sarah said...

Just lovely - the tones, texture and composition are fab!!
Sarah
www.blueboxbabe.blogspot.com

Kathleen said...

just wanted to let you know i've now uploaded 3 cards to my blog using these stamps. they are great to use:
Stream Blue CAS card

Mother's Day card

Kathleen Mc xx